Go-Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector
Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector
If you’re in the market for a new metal detector, the Go Find Minelab 44 will no doubt show up at some point in your search. Not only is it relatively affordable, but it comes with a host of features that add positively to the detectorist experiences.
It’s clearly a quality product from a good brand, but is it the right choice for you? Read on to find out.
The Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector: At A Glance
While many companies cater to the high-end of the metal detector market, the Go Find Minelab targets is a company that has tried to bring premium performance to the entry-level of the market.
The detector is collapsible, making it easy to transport. Furthermore, it comes with a waterproof coil, meaning that you can use it just about anywhere you like, including the kind of wet puddles you find in muddy fields during the winter months.
It also comes with a host of other connectivity features, including Bluetooth wireless audio, allowing you to operate the system wearing headphones without any annoying wires getting in the way.
Key Features Of The Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector
The Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector comes with a host of features designed to make your detectorist experience more enjoyable.
You don’t want wires running between your metal detector and your headphones, so the addition of Bluetooth connectivity is most welcome here.
This mode allows you to start looking for finds without having to fiddle around with complicated settings - an excellent feature for beginners.
The Go Find Minelab 44 displays flashing icons on the screen, telling you what type of material might be lurking beneath the surface.
A tethered smartphone app provides you with remote control over your detector. You can use it to automatically switch between music and sounds coming from the sensor indicating a find.
This feature lets you identify the type of coin you might have found before digging it up.
The Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector Pros & Cons
Here are the positives and negatives for the Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector.
- Entry-level pricing but with premium features
- Bluetooth mode for integration with headsets and mobile devices
- Helpful features that allow you to identify finds without digging first
- Quality tones that allow you to identify better what might be lurking below the ground
- Ability to detect types of coins using Coin ID technology
- Full waterproofing, allowing you to use the coil in the rain and wet conditions
- The smartphone app can be a little challenging to set up if you’re not used to it
- You may find that it can sometimes produce false detections
- The company is still perfecting the Coin ID technology
The Go Find Minelab 44 Metal Detector is one of the most compelling detectors on the market. It offers features that you’d typically expect to find on premium products but at an entry-level price point.
Other Key Points
- Backlit screen
- 5 treasure view LEDs
- 4 levels of sensitivity
- Waterproof up to 0.6 meters
- Weight of 2.3 lbs
Size folded: 555mm (21.9 inches)
Package Dimensions: 22.2 x 7.2 x 4.5 inches